Wednesday 12 October 2011

MMM Mid-week Motivation - Autumn Scene

Good morning all - sorry I'm a bit late posting today as I have just got back from a weekend away and I know you all want to know last week's top 3 so here they are
3 - Aquarius
8 - Vicky
9 - Bev D
Congratulations ladies please feel free to copy and paste the winners badge from the side bar.
This week's challenge was to create something autumnal with a tree or trees and today's card was made using sponges. I buy them from the art department in craft shops and they come round in a pack of 3 and I cut them up into segments. I use one segment for each of my Stampin' Up inks and I put a little tab of the corresponding card stock on each sponge so that they don't get mixed up - it's also something to hold whilst sponging.



I started with a piece of cream card stock, punched a circle from a post it note and placed it on the card. I chose my autumnal colours and began to build my scene


The background hills are created by tearing some copy paper. I then added some fir trees in a very pale colour in the distance.


When all the card stock had been sponged darker trees were added along with the focal point of my scene - some birds on branches


When I made this stamp I designed it so that that it could be used for any season - as you can see I have stamped some autumn leaves on this one. The birds looked very pale in the trees so I went over them with a black Promarker with a fine tip added on.
The finishing touches were made and the card stock was matted on to some dark brown card stock and finally placed on a square cream card blank


All the stamps used except for the tiny leaves are my own designs - the tiny leaves are some I borrowed from a Clarity set.
To play along with this week's challenge click here and I will see you next week with a brand new challenge - Jacqueline.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant scenic card and thanks for all the handy tips - especially with the sponges and labels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Jaqueline! and what a great idea with the sponges .. I very often use kitchen roll :)
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pleased and flattered to be amongst the top three last week and I have put this week's autumnal offering on the link thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for placing me in your Top 3, I'm really chuffed!

    Great challenge again this week with Fab DT inspirations.

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really chuffed too! Thank you so much ladies. Really love this gorgeous card Jacqueline - and I do that with my sponges too! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is a stunning card Jacqueline with such fabulous layered stamping. I felt I should add this here too lol.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done, the layering is just fabulous.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great scenery..love your step by step pics and of course the total result...it's gorgeous!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.